Monday, June 11, 2018

Let a couple of kids work it out

Big news.  Trump and Kim (is everyone in Korea named Kim?) are about to sit down or walk around or otherwise get together on an earth shattering matter.  I hope they can work it out.

It brought back a thought from my distant past -- actually when I was about 10 or so.  My dear friend Kevin lived across from me on a dead end street that had no outlet and hardly any traffic.  Well -- there was a matter of difference between his parents and my parents -- something about parking a a mobile home at the end of the street which might have been onto their property just a mite.  Kevin,s parents refused to allow this and our mobile home had to be moved. The fight was on.  Kevin and I refused to talk to each other and even threw a few rocks across the street into each other's yard.  And that went on for about two days until we realized that it wasn't working out too well for us.  So we rather clandestinely became friends again -- but didn't say much to our parents -- they were not ready to get over it.  But without verbalizing it -- we apparently become the adults in this stupid disagreement.  It didn't take much -- just this ability to overlook our differences and get along with each other and with life.  Just two little boys being the grown ups and  being realistic.

This episode in my life was quite incidental and quite short lived and had nothing to do with our life long friendship (we are both in our middle 80's now and still friends).  But for some reason it poked its way into my long term memory and came to the surface today as I thought of this world affecting conference the US President and the North Korean head and the conversations upon which they are about to embark.

Maybe they should let Kevin and me help them out.  We knew how to end that disagreement crap pretty fast didn't we, Kev?

From the Heart of Olaf Hart....

No comments:

Post a Comment